Ranipura Higher Primary School
On the banks of river Nethravathi in a place called "Ranipura Uliya" previously called Somanatha Uliya in the village of Munnur, Ranipura Uliya earlier school was started on April 21st 1941 with 50 children and 2 teachers. The school got permission and recognition on March 19, 1943. In 1961 it came under the management of Catholic board of education. Rev. Fr. G.B Pinto was appointed as the first correspondent of the school. Due to heavy rains and floods in rainy season classes could not be conducted in Ranipura uliya, so it was shifted to Ranipura away from the river banks in 1967. It was upgraded as the higher elementary school and renamed as Ranipura hr. pr. School.
Sr. Vinitha is the headmistress at present Fr. Santhosh D'souza is the correspondent. The strength of the school is 162+136=298 with 7 staff.